Monday, July 27, 2009

Five stars...no lie!

The Song of the Lioness Quartet The Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The Song of the Lioness Quartet is an inspiring series about Alanna, the girl who became a powerful knight-sorceress by dressing as a boy for over five years and working her tail off. Tamora Pierce has written tons since then, but this was her first series and her first of four series about the land of Tortall. (can't wait to read the rest!) The series is VERY romantic with lots of adventure. If you liked Graceling, you'll love the books of the Song of the Lioness quartet. The series follows Alanna from the time she goes to court to become a squire until she is a full knight in her twenties. Books in the series include: Alanna: The First Adventure; In the Hand of the Goddess; The Woman Who Rides Like a Man; Lioness Rampant. The world that Pierce has created in these books is full and rich. Characters are fully developed and grow on the reader over time. I especially liked how Pierce handled the love triangle that emerged between three of the characters. This is an incredibly told tale that you'll probably want to reread again and again. (thanks, Gabi for recommending it!)

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I LOVE THIS SERIES! I've read them at least 3 times.

Laura said...

Turns out it's my sister's favorite series, too! A teen at the library insisted I read them; I'm soooo glad.