Wednesday, November 19, 2008

National Book Award winner announced tonight!

Tonight the National Book Award for Young People will be announced! Here are the finalists:
  • Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
  • What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
  • The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
  • The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
So far I've read two of these and I'm dying to read the rest.

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks is a hilarious look at an exclusive boys-only secret society at a private high school and Frankie's (a girl) attempt to take it over.





The Underneath is a touching, poetic story of an old hound dog, two kittens, a thousand-year-old snake and a bitter, angry man. I couldn't put it down.






I'm off to read The Spectacular Now next. I'll post the winner tonight!

EDIT: The winner is What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell. Come get it at the library today!

No comments: