Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Musings on kissing a goat...

So today I kissed a goat. It really wasn't so bad! It reminded me a bit of kissing my dog, Fielder. The goat's name was S'more. He tried to get away, but I planted one on the side of his face anyway. Why did I kiss a goat, you ask? The answer is that I was keeping a promise. I promised the children of Fairhaven that I would kiss a goat if they read over 2000 hours...and so far we have 2023 hours recorded! I also got to announce that we are getting a WATER BUFFALO for a family through Heifer International thanks to all your reading. Good work

Today was the Teddy Bear Parade and there were over 150 children and 100 adults there to march around town with their teddy bears. Do I have the best job in the world or what?

A BIG THANK YOU to all the TAG teens who helped out today. You were great! Bria, Nadine, Hailey, Kelsey, Tori...I really couldn't have done it without you. Also, big thanks to Alderbrook Farms for bringing the goats and sheep (yes, there were sheep, too!). Wow, what a great day!

No comments: