Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Book Review: My Most Excellent Year

I laughed, cried and loved this book. Told completely in letters, IM transcripts, emails and memos, My Most Excellent Year is a story of magic, love and still more magic. And it all takes place in Boston! Red Sox Nation, unite!

I loved all the characters even down to the minor characters of Mom, Dad, Pop and Lori. The three main characters, T.C., Augie and Alejandra (Ale) are particularly lovable. T.C. and Augie are best friends and even declared themselves brothers at age 7, the year after T.C.'s mom died of cancer. Ale is new in town and is somehow immune to T.C.'s charms (but not for long). Hucky, a 6 year old deaf kid who knows how to read signs and gives T.C. very helpful batting tips, works his way into everyone's heart, including the reader. I don't want to give any of the magic away, so I won't say much more other than that I promise you'll fall in love with this book!

I read this book very quickly because I couldn't wait to find out what would happen next.

This book is located in the YA section of the Millicent Library with the new books!

No comments: